Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Hi All,
I know that I have been quiet for a long time, and that is not like me. I just needed some time off to get used to daily life. It is great to be home with Kerry and we have had a lot of catching up to do. Life on the road is hard on a person. I like to be around people, but month after month of being alone took a toll on me. I have a hard time picking up the phone to call people or even keep up on Facebook or my blog. I'm working two jobs right now. I get up at 2am and work till 1pm then head to my other job and work till 6pm or so. That was 7 days a week. Now I'm cutting it down a bit, trying to only work 5 days a week for 12 hours a day. Kerry and I try to spend any of our time off doing something together. Dinner, movie, concerts or a simple walk in the park. The weather is starting to cool down so we can start to enjoy the outdoors more, but a 106 in mid October has made it tough. Sammie, Austin & Maisie flew down for 10 days and we had so much fun, and Kerry got to be Nana and that was fun to watch. Life is good being home. Do I miss seeing all the states, no. I've seen them and I'm so glad to be done with that chapter of my life. Being on the East coast the whole winter with record breaking snowfall was a time I will remember always. I was looking at my logs and in 17 months I drove a 180 thousand miles with 38 thousand of them on snow and ice with no major problems. Those of you that always thought that I was a crazy driver hear this. It was all those wild rides that made me a better driver. Sliding around Mount Hood & Mount Jefferson in my bug was good training for my future. When you have 18 wheels and weigh 80 thousand pounds you might only get one chance to save your life. I had some close calls but no accidents. I could care less if I ever saw snow again. I will try to keep up on the blog and You might even hear from me on Facebook again. I still have a camera and will always have pictures to post. It just wont be of me in Green bay, Wisconsin in January at 40 below zero.
Hope everyone is well.
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment