Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Hi All, I had a great time at home last week. Kerry was really surprised when I walked in the door. (Thanks Katie) I got to Phoenix on the 21st and pulled out on the 27th. I had to dead head to Colton, California to pick up a load and then to our yard in Fontana, CA. for fuel. I was told to run as far as I could that night and I made it just 30 miles short of Nevada on I-15. When I work up, I was told that Fontana dispatch was suppose to stop me and head me up I-40 to meet another truck to re power that load. Fontana did not tell me anything and opened the gate and let me out. Now I'm 130 miles in the wrong direction and was told by Salt Lake to turn around and head back to I-40 and run to Flagstaff, AZ. to meet the truck that was going to take this load to Indiana. I hit Flagstaff and I-40 was closed to all traffic due to high winds, so the truck that I was going to meet was stuck in Winslow, AZ. and would not be here till in the morning sometime. Another, hurry up and wait trip. The team did show up at 11 AM and we changed trailers and now I was heading back to the Fontana yard to drop that load and pick up a new load that goes to Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. (2600 miles) My new home away from home. I did get here a day early and will deliver at 1 AM on the 5th then off to Hershey's to pick up a load that goes back to Ogden, Utah. (2200 miles) so I should get a good paycheck out of the deal for these two runs. I will be back in Phoenix around the 16th to pick Kerry up and head to Oregon to see Sammie & Austins new baby, Masie. I hope she will be born by then. I will be there for a week and Kerry will be there for 2 weeks.
Hope everyone is well. Enjoy the pics.
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment