Hi All, This has been a trip to remember. Blizzards, a van driving full blast in the fast lane on the wrong side of the interstate in the Appalachian MTs in Pennsylvania yesterday. It was a real close call. 10 trucks including myself were just cresting a 7% grade and were starting to pick up some good downhill speed. We heard over the CB that there was a van heading Westbound in the Eastbound hammer lane. (fast lane) I had another big rig right next to me as we headed into a blind corner and then the van came around the corner right at us. I cranked my truck into the right hand emergency lane to make a hole for the truck passing me to slip into. Now for the Lords part of this message. My truck has 2 antennas on it One for FM and TV and the other is for the CB. My CB has never worked right in this truck, but did work fine in the Volvo. About a week ago I bought a new cable, socket and a new antenna for the CB side and was just to lazy to put it all together. That morning, after my shower and laundry, I looked at those parts just sitting there and said not today, I just showered and did not want to get dirty. I sat in my seat, started the truck, put it in first, released the air brakes and moved about 4 feet. I then shut it down and proceeded to install the new CB parts. If I did not install those parts that morning, I would not have heard the warning and the truck passing me, most likely would have hit the van, due to nowhere else to go. TIP OF THE DAY. On all freeways and most roads there are 2 solid lines on the outside edges of the road. these are called fog lines. The white will always be on the right and the yellow will always be on your left. If you ever look out at that line and you have a yellow line on your right side, You are going in the wrong direction. I will probably be getting a e-mail from Rev. Jesse Jackson for that white is always right comment. be safe out there.
Jeff
Sunday, April 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment