Monday, March 8, 2010

Nashville
Nashville

I hung around Nashville for 36 hours. I was way ahead of schedule, so I thought I would take a 34 hour reset and get laundry done and see if I could get a gig at the Grand Ole Opera.

I like what this says. It's in the Kenworth shop in Jackson, Tennessee.



That's my girl, next to the yellow truck. When I was in new York, I had a pin hole leak in my lower water jacket elbow. It was just leaking a small amount of antifreeze. With it being Friday, I decided not to report it and sit all weekend waiting for it to be fixed, so I started my run to Mississippi. I made it 900+ miles before the pin hole became a large hole. My temp gauge started to climb, when I saw a billboard that said Pilot travel center 5 miles. When I had about 2 miles to go, I could smell the hot antifreeze. As I got off the freeway to go to the Pilot truck stop, there was a Kenworth dealer/repair shop right across the street. Lucky me. I pulled in to KW and they put it in the shop with in minutes, only to find out they did not have the right part in stock. I'm in a hotel in Jackson, Tennessee right now, with a bed, tv, toilet and a shower/bath tub. It's a good day after all. They will have my part in the morning and I should be on the road by noon.





No comments:

Post a Comment