Hi All, After I left Roseville, California, I picked up a load in Lodi, CA that delivered to Stockton, CA. I then went back to Lodi and sat in a truck stop for 2 days waiting for my next load to pick up in Stockton, CA. I now know what stuck in a Lodi means in that CCR song. Anyway I picked up that load that went to, two stops in Washington. (Kennewick & Richland) I was going up 97 though K- Falls and not I-5 so I could not stop and see family and friends. I then dead headed to Milton - Freewater, Oregon and picked up a load that goes to Wisconsin. Just where everyone wants to go in January. The first part of the trip was nice in Oregon, but half way through Idaho it decided to become winter. I'm on old highway 12, the real Lewis & Clark trail and I don't know how they made it on foot and wagons. The roads were solid ice, snowing, blowing snow and strong winds. As I climbed out of Idaho into Montana, things only got worse. I was hoping maybe North Dakota would be better. WRONG! OK how about Minnesota. NO! It was -35 below zero last night where I was parked. When I did get to Wisconsin, because of all the storms, the place that I was to deliver to changed my load time to Jan 10 @ 430am. I was to deliver on Jan 8 @430am. That means that I would be sitting in a truck stop for 2 days. My fleet manager sent me a message to take my load to our drop yard in Boilingbrooke, Illinois (a Suburb of Chicago) drop that load there, pick up an empty trailer and dead head to Green Bay, Wisconsin and pick up a load to Michigan. That's where I'm at right now. I will pick up a load of meat in the morning and run to Michigan. It is a clear night here right now and they say with the wind coming in after midnight, it might hit 40 below zero. I don't know how people live here. last night in Minnesota, I walked 1/8 of a mile to pick up some ice cream for a root beer float and my eyes started to freeze. It was like looking through a glass of skimmed milk. I hope that this doesn't sound like I'm complaining to much, but after 22 years in Oregon I thought I knew what winter was. I was wrong. I know why they call it the winter wonderland, cause I'm always wondering if I'm going to live through this winter.
Happy Trails
Jeff
Friday, January 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment