Friday, December 11, 2009

Hi All, I'm ready to go to Florida and warm up. It has not been over 32 degrees all week, with my all time low of -28 in Wyoming. I had a load of Christmas trees out of Jefferson, Oregon, that went to 4 stops in Colorado. I did not know that if I wanted to stay on schedule that I would have to help unload them. That was the day it dropped into minus double digits with wind, snow and ice. I have never been so cold in my life. I just wanted to lay down and go to sleep to get it over with. I found out after I warmed up a bit, that one of my gloves had a tear in the finger, so I did get a little frostbite on my right hand. I think that I will live. I do know one thing for sure. I have and never will have any desire to climb Mt Everest. Some of the drivers out here pass me like I'm in reverse, but it seems like 20 or 30 miles down the road, I catch them when there truck has slid off the road. I just wave with my frost bitten finger as I crawl by and make my delivery on time. Anyway, Hope all is well with all of you. I'm hoping to be in Phoenix around New Years.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment