skip to main |
skip to sidebar
The New Mexico curse strikes once again. I was driving from Fort Worth, Texas on the 14th when my air ride auto leveling system failed. It over filled the suspension causing the truck to ride rough and some real control problems. I was still able to make my 2 deliveries in Albuquerque, but when I was unloaded at my last stop and running empty, my second set of drive tires where off the ground. I had to cross lock the rear end so I could get the truck to the shop about 25 miles away. I was thinking that this will be a good time for me to catch up on some sleep. Wrong! I was in my sleeper having some lunch and watching some TV when the shop boss came out and told me that I can't be in my truck in the back lot. Great, so instead of catching up on my sleep, I sat in an office for 13 hours. At this point, I had been up for 27 hours - a two hour cat nap I took at a rest area. After the truck was repaired, I had to drive 250 miles to get to my next pick up in Clovis, New Mexico on time. You guessed it, I was able to leave the shop at 22:10 0r 10:10 PM to be legal. I got to my pick up at 03:30 AM and was able to sleep there for 7-1/2 hours before leaving for Irving, Texas. It's just outside of Dallas. I will get unloaded today at 15:00 (3PM) and will then head to Paris, Texas to pick up a loaded trailer that goes to Tolleson, Arizona and then into the arms of Kerry. I guess that there always is a light at the end of the tunnel. This is my 5th break down in 7 months or 83,000 miles. 1 in brooks, Oregon. 1 in coeur de lene, Idaho and 3 in New Mexico. I think when we decide where we want to live, it will be a place that I don't have to cross New Mexico state lines to get home. Sorry that I have no new pics to show you, but i will be home soon and should get some then.Jeff
No comments:
Post a Comment