Hi All, As you know I picked up a load about 120 miles northeast of Dallas in Paris, Texas that was going to Tolleson, Arizona. I only had 19 thousand in the box, so I could Roll up and down the Pecos's at a good clip. I was able to get to our drop yard in Phoenix at 0700 (7Am) and then go deliver it at 1830 (6:30Pm) Kerry came and picked me up at 0800 and we had a free day that did not count as home time due to the fact that I was still under a load. We ran around a bit and then went to Jordon's fine Mexican food for lunch. That night, Kerry dropped me off at my truck, so I could deliver it and then I dropped the trailer at the yard and headed to Randy & Robbins house. Randy set it up with his work that I could park it there in a locked gated area. It worked out perfect. It was just right around the corner from the house, so it made it easy to get to it to do all of my book work. I was able to spend 3 day's there and knew that I was to go back to work on Friday, but the load that I got did not load until Saturday morning. It ended up, with pushing hard to get there I ended up having almost 5 day's of home time that only counted as 3. I saw everyone except Michale & Rebbecca + kids. Seemed that when we had the time, they didn't and vice versa. The load I got was from Tempe, Arizona to Green Bay, Wisconsin. Such a lovely time to be in the Midwest. When I left Phoenix, it was 87 degrees, 79 in New Mexico, 44 in Texas and Oklahoma, 40 in Missouri, 39 and raining in Illinois, so I'm thinking at this rate it should be about -30 and blizzard conditions in Green Bay,Wisconsin when I get there tomorrow. (and yes a day early) I hope they get me a load to Florida after this one so I can honk at the old people again. Please remember at my wake to play "In My Life" by the Beatles.
Enjoy the pics!
Jeff
Monday, October 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment